Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Taking Blessings For Granted



Yesterday was "one of those days". Evidence of this is the fact that there are 3 pair of shoes sitting behind my bathroom vanity chair. A pair of sneakers, boots and clogs never made it to the closet yesterday. A cozy sweater hangs on the back of the vanity chair. I sit wrapped in a beautiful robe that my husband gave me a few years back, while another robe hangs on a hook on the back of the bathroom door. It hit me this morning, that I am so very blessed to have an excess of clothing and shoes. I own enough shoes that I can have 3 pair sitting outside of the closet. I have an extra robe, and more than one sweater. I am blessed and yet take so very much for granted. There are thousands of people, hundreds in my own community, who don't have an extra sweater or pair of shoes. They don't own a single robe...because, there is no need for one when you don't have a bathroom door or closet to hang one in. Here I am with an excess while so many people don't have the basic comforts of life - food, clothing and shelter. God forgive me for taking your blessings for granted. Open my eyes and my heart, Lord, to the opportunities to share the abundance you have given me.
Amen.
"...If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasures in heaven. Then come, follow me." Matthew 19:21
"Each of you must bring a gift in proportion to the way the Lord your God has blessed you."
Deuteronomy 16:17




BLANKETS FOR THE HOMELESS - 100% OF ALL PROFIT FROM THE SALE OF ANY CROSS NECKLACE ON OUR WEBSITES GO TO PURCHASE BLANKETS FOR THE HOMELESS IN OUR AREA.
PLEASE DO WHAT YOU CAN IN YOUR AREA!

COUPONS! USE CODE, CHRISTMAS09, DURING CHECKOUT ON LITTLE CHERUBS BOUTIQUE AND USE CODE, CHRISTMAS, ON INSPIRATIONAL GIFTS AND DECOR - SAVE 20% ON YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE! YOU MAY USE EACH COUPON 4 TIMES BETWEEN NOW AND MID-DECEMBER.

TEN PERCENT OF ALL PROFIT MADE ON MY WEBSITES (LISTED BELOW) GOES TO HELP FEED THOSE IN NEED IN OUR AREA.
PLEASE, do what you
can to serve the hungry and homeless in your community.


www.LittleCherubsBoutique.com
"Quality clothing & gifts for your little cherubs!"

www.InspirationalGiftsAndDecor.com
"Meaningful gifts that warm the heart, encourage
the spirit and add a little inspiration to life."

1 comment:

  1. Donna, I love your heart for those who are on the edge of life. How awesome to know that our churches and our hearts are meshed so that we can make a difference like none of us have experienced by ourselves. Keep writing. Keep praying. Keep sharing. We will be touching many lives because of what God is doing in and through us.
    - Michael (James 1:5)

    ReplyDelete