Friday, October 30, 2009

Friendship Blankets for the homeless

Matthew 25: 35-40

Too often, I think that most of us (myself included) feel that we can't possibly do anything to make a difference with situations as overwhelming as homelessness, so we choose to do nothing. We divert our eyes, avoiding personal contact with the homeless. After all, it is much easier for us that way. If we allow ourselves to look into their eyes, the image of the homeless may be etched in our minds so deeply that we are compelled to do something. And, that requires us to move out of our comfort zone. Are we really so selfish that we can continue to do nothing? God forgive me, because I have been.

If each of us did something for the homeless, our collective efforts could have a huge impact on their lives. God gives each of us different talents or gifts and if we could just realize that each of those talents fit together like puzzle pieces, we may catch a glimpse of God's plan.

Recently, God placed in my heart a very clear direction to buy blankets for the homeless. He pointed me to a wonderful American blanket manufacturer, Northwest Woolen Mills in RI, that has a program in place that allows the general public and advocates to purchase blankets for the homeless. I am excited to now partner with the program, Friendship Blankets, by selling the blankets on my websites. For a very modest fee of just $7.95 - $12.66, you can purchase one or more blankets and offer hope and warmth to someone who lacks in so many of life's basic comforts that we take for granted. I make no monetary profit on these blankets but the profit in my heart, knowing that you and I can make a difference, is priceless.

Please, follow the links to one of my websites, open your heart and purchase a blanket.
www.InspirationalGiftsAndDecor.com
www.LittleCherubsBoutique.com







www.LittleCherubsBoutique.com
"Quality clothing & gifts for your little cherubs!"

www.InspirationalGiftsAndDecor.com
"Meaningful gifts that warm the heart, encourage
the spirit and add a little inspiration to life."

No comments:

Post a Comment