Friday, January 22, 2010

Pray, pray, PRAY!


Psalm 61:1-4

Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.

I long to dwell in your tent forever
and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
Selah


Like many of you, I awoke this morning thinking about the tragic situation in Haiti. My heart breaks with news of orphans dying, mass graves being dug, amputations performed without adequate anesthesia......Photos of precious souls with emptiness in their eyes, rip at my gut. The Mama in me wants to be there to rock the babies in my arms, stroke the faces of the dying, pray with the mourning and hold the injured. Reality being what it is though, for now, I am doing what I can by praying for those who ARE with the babies, the injured, the mourning and the dying.
If ever there was a time to "pray without ceasing", it is now. Pray, pray, PRAY people!




No comments:

Post a Comment