Tuesday, November 3, 2009

He is in control of all situations.


I'm a pretty upbeat and positive person by nature but yesterday I found myself feeling a bit blue most of the day. Lingering within my thoughts was the fact that sales have dropped on my websites rather than increasing during what is typically known as the start of the Christmas shopping season. My desire for sales is truly not for personal income because I'm blessed to have a husband who provides very well in that area. But, I want to serve God by helping my church family provide food and blankets for the homeless in our community. God has clearly put in my heart to give 100% of all profits made from the sale of any cross pendant or cross necklace I sell to buy blankets. I am to give 10% of all other profits to help buy food.

Seeing no sales the past week, left me feeling discouraged. By the time I was ready to turn the computer off last night, my discouragement had turned to a low-grade anger. From the desktop view on my computer monitor, I saw the links to my two websites. I sat there looking at the links for a few moments, then decided to step out on faith, put my fingers on the screen, and pray. If this seems foreign to you, let me just say that touching the screen was simply a tangible point of contact for my prayers nothing more. I prayed that God would allow me to make a sale on both of my websites. This was truly stepping out in faith because I'm used to making a sale on one site or the other, not both in one day. I told God that I would give him the honor for the sales.

Well folks, this morning when I checked my e-mails, there were two sale notifications - one for each of my websites!!! My heart was so full that my eyes were flooding with tears. God was clearly reminding me that He is in control, that He hears my prayers, and that He knows the attitude of my heart.

I was also reminded that because I am obeying what God has directed me to do, I can rest in knowing that He will handle the outcome. I must trust in God's timing, not my own. I must trust, knowing that though I may not understand, HE does. I am simply a vessel doing what I am purposed to do. I am not responsible for anything other than that!
Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust the Lord completely; don't ever trust yourself. In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."

Father, I thank you for the lessons you continue to teach me as I struggle to remove my feelings and emotions from situations, to do what you have called me to do, and to turn the rest over to you. I thank you Lord for answering prayers and renewing the passion that is in my heart to help others. Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a vessel to show your love to others. Forgive my doubting heart and I thank you for for reminding me that your timing is perfect in all situations! Amen.




Please support our efforts to bring the gift of warmth and compassion to the homeless. Purchase ANY cross pendant or necklace from either of our websites and 100% of the profits go to buy Friendship Blankets for the homeless. If you'd prefer, for just $12.66, you can purchase a Friendship Blanket in honor or memory of someone special. We make NO monestary profit on the Friendship Blankets. Our profit is knowing that you and I are making a difference in people's lives. Please, open your hearts!

www.InspirationalGiftsAndDecor.com
www.LittleCherubsBoutique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment