Friday, October 2, 2009

"There but by the grace of God, go I."


I love fall. It's always been my very favorite time of the year. There's always a sense of anticipation in the air for me during this time. I'm a true "nester" and fall ignites my senses and I'm flooded with wonderful memories of home from the first crisp days of this season. It's a time of making homemade comfort foods like chili, stew and vegetable soup, smelling and hearing a fire in the fireplace and feeling the warmth of a snuggly blanket or down comforter. A perfect day to me is to have a fire in the fireplace, something wonderful in the crockpot sending inviting aromas through the house, snuggled up in a throw, watching snow falling outside.

This year, I'm finding my thoughts turning more and more to those who may be dreading this time of year. Their anticipation is not of the blessings of this season, but of the added burdens it brings. For many, there is no warmth, no shelter, no food. Others aren't sure from week to week if they will have to choose between shelter or food because their funds are so limited that they cannot afford both. Food and shelter should not be considered luxury items and yet it seems they've become so for many precious souls.
"There but by the grace of God, go I."

As I enjoy the beauty of this fall season and the comforts I have, I pray that God shows me many ways in which I can share these comforts with folks who otherwise wouldn't have them. I pray that He will open my eyes to all opportunities where I can serve Him by serving others.

Father, let my eyes, my heart and my spirit be open to see others as you do. Let me not pass by a single person with a need that I can meet either in part or in whole. Lord, as I enjoy the comforts of home and food in this season, let my thoughts and prayers turn to those dear people who have so much less and move me to action. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.




TEN PERCENT OF ALL PROFIT MADE ON MY WEBSITES (LISTED BELOW) GOES TO HELP FEED THOSE IN NEED IN OUR AREA. PLEASE, do what you
can to serve the hungry and homeless in your community.


www.LittleCherubsBoutique.com
"Quality clothing & gifts for your little cherubs!"

www.InspirationalGiftsAndDecor.com
"Meaningful gifts that warm the heart, encourage
the spirit and add a little inspiration to life."

No comments:

Post a Comment