Monday, August 10, 2009

Daily Inspiration


Back in the '70s, when I first came to know the Lord, Christian bumper stickers were very popular. One that sticks in my mind said, "God is not concerned with our ability, rather our availability." So many times, because of our personal insecurities, it's easy to dodge the leading of the Holy Spirit urging us into a new area of serving others or our church. We buy into the lies entering our thoughts; "Oh, that must just be my imagination and not God calling me." "I can't do that!" "I could never volunteer for that project. What do I know about that!"

Well, I'm not quite as old as dirt yet, but I am old enough to know that my life is most fulfilled when I listen to the Holy Spirit's leading, step over any doubts and insecurities that enter my thoughts, recognize them as my thoughts, not His, plow forward, yielding to His direction.

Yielding requires faith; faith requires trust; trust requires belief that God's word is true. The next time you feel that God is leading you into an area that is outside of your comfort zone - yield to His calling, have faith and trust that He who calls you will provide you with the tools and knowledge to serve in that area. Remember:
"God is not concerned with our ability, rather our availability." Make yourself available and HE will make the way possible.

Today, go confidently in the direction God is leading you!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment